Join us for a celebration of all things Casa de Paz!
December 2 | 7pm - 9pm | FREE Admission
Join us for:
- A delicious meal together
- Hearing stories from our guests speakers and be inspired to keep welcoming immigrants and their families to our city
- Reflecting on what we have accomplished in 2017
- Seeing the vision of where the Casa is headed for 2018
- Your chance to win a variety of prizes during our FREE raffle
All are invited to share in this special time together. Please invite anyone you know who is interested to learn more about Casa de Paz and celebrate with us!
The event will be held at Mountain View United Church-- 10700 East Evans Ave, Aurora, CO, 80014.
Several years ago, Sarah Jackson went on a trip to the US/Mexico border where for the first time in her life, she saw families being separated and people suffering.
Then she returned to Colorado and decided to do something about it because she believes families are stronger when they are together. Sarah began Casa de Paz with the hope of creating a space to welcome immigrants and their families to the country.
Her hope and prayer is to help end the isolating experience of immigrant detention, one simple act of love at a time.
Anton Flores-Maisonet is co-ounder of Casa Alterna, a hospitality house in Georgia devoted to faithful acts of mercy and justice alongside its Latinx neighbors. Casa Alterna serves as a hub for connecting and empowering neighbors via tutoring, community organizing, and popular education. He is also co-founder of Georgia Detention Watch, #ShutDownStewart Coalition, and El Refugio.
Because of Anton's prophetic advocacy and tireless solidarity, he has been honored by two Spanish-language Atlanta-based newspapers as their respective "Person of the Year". Additionally, Alterna was named "Organization of the Year" by Mundo Hispánico, the largest Spanish-language newspaper n Atlanta.
Anton Flores-Maisonet holds degrees in social work from Georgia State University and the University of Georgia.
We have the opportunity for you to partner with Casa de Paz and let our community know about your business. During Breakfast for Dinner we will raffle off door prizes. Please consider donating a gift we can use in our raffle.
- Are you a massage therapist? Donate a massage!
- Are you a car mechanic? Donate an oil change!
- Are you a hair stylist? Donate a hair cut!
As a thank you for donating a gift for our raffle you will receive:
- Recognition on stage during the event
- Your company logo on all printed materials for the event evening
- A link to your website on the Breakfast for Dinner website
- Social media postings thanking your business for sponsoring our event
To sponsor, please call Sarah (719.510.7747) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This is going to take help from a lot of us to make this breakfast possible!
- Set up
- Pancake chef
- Clean up
We Need To Borrow
- Griddles to cook pancakes
- Coffee makers and carafes
- Globes for table centerpieces
- White table cloths
Email email@example.com if you have items we can borrow.